Friday, September 17, 2010

Dare to be Different

I heard a story once where a young husband and wife were cooking dinner. Before the wife put the ham they were planning to eat in the oven, she cut the ends off. The husband was curious and decided to ask why this was, to which the wife responded: "I dunno, my mother always did it this way." They then decided to call the mother to find out her reasoning. She ironically replied: "I dunno, my mom always did it that way." The wife then called her grandmother to find out why she cut the ends off. After a little chuckle, the grandmother replied by saying: "Because that was the only way I could get it to fit in the pan."

Life can be like this sometimes. It's easy to get caught up in the mundane routines and traditions without ever thinking twice about them. BUT... I'm issuing you a challenge to think twice. Reflect on the story above and dare to be different. You may find that you've been missing out on something all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment