Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Opinions are like butt holes… We all have them, I’m just not into showing mine off

So... after years of debate, I finally decided to start blogging. I know, I know - I'm a little late in the game.

I've been putting it off for various reasons. I always seem to come up with the best excuses:

I don't have enough time

I don't think I’m that interesting

I don't know how to tYp3

The truth is I've been holding back not because I don't have anything to say. (I usually have too much to say) It's just that sometimes I'm scared of 'WHAT' I will say.

By that I mean, I can be somewhat of an opinionated person. I'm an eccentric thinker at times. Ask my wife and she'll tell you - I'm not much like everybody else. (in other words - I'm a little weird) So, it's pretty much a given that if I start writing there's no telling where it will lead. I'm sure that I will end up saying something that not everyone will agree with. I might even ruffle a few feathers along the way. And (truth be told) that is not my intention at all.

There are plenty of authors, artists, bloggers out there that will say and do things just to be different and to provide some sort of confrontational point of view in order to step on other's toes and (GASP) get a little personal glory and adoration in the process. Especially when it comes to religious topics. It seems that lately being a rebel against religious traditions is the popular thing to do.

My 'opinion' - when a rogue way of doing things becomes popular... you're not much of a rebel anymore.

Anyway, that's another story for another time. Maybe a blog post perhaps. ;)

The point is, I'm reluctant to have too many opinions tied to the mend mark project because one of the main purposes behind it is to promote unity through the message of love. The last thing I want to do is say things that would be viewed as confrontational. So, I'll try to keep my personal thoughts and convictions at a minimum if you promise to please, please, please take everything I write with a grain of salt. (maybe the whole shaker at times) Don't ever let me force my way of thinking on you. After all, who says that I'm right? (well - besides me)

My hope is that this will eventually turn into an online community... So, go ahead and bookmark this page NOW and come back often. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies. Tell your frenemies. Feel free to use the comments section to tell me how cool I am, how stupid I am, how ridiculous I am... but mostly how cool I am.

Who knows? You may even trigger some fun discussions along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I see your point about wanting to keep up with the unity of the bracelet's point. But also, you don't need to be worried about offending others too much. The truth is offensive to some. And the Bible says that the world will hate us for our love of Christ. You are going to make people angry, but that is OK. Jesus has your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have my back too... :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete